Friday, August 16, 2013

Scarlet Pimpernel Pin

    "Sir Andrew quickly and dexterously put out the flames and replaced the candelabra upon the table; but this had taken him a few seconds to do, and those seconds had been all that Marguerite needed to cast a quick glance at the paper, and to note its contents - a dozen words in the same distorted handwriting she had seen before, and bearing the same device - a star-shaped flower drawn in red ink."
-The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emmuska Orczy




The Scarlet Pimpernel is one of my favorite stories, as I'm sure you've realized by now, so I was delighted when I passed a stand at our county fair and spied a Scarlet-Pimpernel brooch amid the cacophony of vintage costume-jewelry. I snapped it up, of course, and am delighted to present to you the ideal bit of British mockery. It could be worn by the ladies, of course, but if you were a daring sort of man and liked to imitate Sir Percy's manner of dress, it could certainly double as a tie-pin or button-hole adornment. However you decide to wear it, this little English wayside flower caused a stir in the French Revolution and will be equally admired today.


Scarlet Pimpernel Pin:
Price: $6.00
Number in Stock: 1  SOLD

6 comments:

  1. OHHHH my goodness! I need this! Let me get back to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am JUST seeing this now!! How I wish there were two of these. :( I adore the Pimpernel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any chance you might make another of these to sell...? In that case, you'd have one very interested party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there any chance of there being more of these? I was raised reading and watching Anthony Andrews and I have been looking for something like this for ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In case you see this, I too ran across this blog at one point and spent about a year looking for this same brooch on and off. I've found two of them on etsy. I purchased one of them, but I'll post the link to the other in case you happen to check back and see this. Hopefully this will help out a fellow fan and save you the hours I spent of scrolling through ebay and etsy!

      https://www.etsy.com/listing/292388065/vintage-red-flower-brooch?ref=additional_listings_2

      Delete
  5. What a lovely masterpiece :) Any chance to get one :)?

    ReplyDelete